Cooking time: 50 min
2 L of water
500 ml arborio rice
200 ml smoked
Wild Mix of Gaspésie Sauvage
500 ml Wild Mix of Gaspésie Sauvage
1 sprig of thyme
1 bay leaf
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tray of cherry tomatoes
1 chopped French shallot
3 cloves of chopped garlic
60 g (1/4 cup) butter
125 ml white wine
1/2 teaspoon ground Meridian Fennel of Gaspésie Sauvage
300 ml grated Parmigiano reggiano
Salt and pepper
Green onion, minced
Parmigiano reggiano chips
1. In a large saucepan, bring 2 litres of salted water to a boil.
Add the rice. Precook about 8 min (still a little crunchy).
2. Strain the rice and keep the cooking water. Spread the rice on
a baking sheet with parchment paper and refrigerate.
3. Put the Smoked Wild Mix and the Wild Mix in 2 different chicken
culms and wet them up to the height with the hot rice cooking water.
Soak for 30 minutes.
4. In a small saucepan, add olive oil (enough to cover the tomatoes),
thyme, bay leaf and garlic. When the oil is hot, add the cherry tomatoes
and place in the oven at 300°F for 15 minutes. Strain the tomatoes
and set aside.
5. Make the parmesan shavings. Then slice the green onion.
6. Drain the mushrooms and keep the soaking water.
7. Coarsely chop the mushrooms.
8. 10 min before serving, sauté the shallot and garlic in the
oil, add the mushrooms and 5 cherry tomatoes (mash them), add the
rice, wet with the soaking water to the height. Let it absorb.
9. Add the white wine, caraway, salt and pepper. Let it absorb. If
it is not yet al dente, add soaking water and let it absorb.
10. When there is still some liquid left in the bottom, close the
fire. Add the grated parmesan cheese, butter and green onion. Mix.
11. When serving, add a little soaking water to keep a creamy texture
(when you pass a spoon you have to open and close it). Place the parmesan
shavings on top.