of Plenty beef bourguignon
- 1 kg of beef, cut in pieces
- 750 ml of red wine
- 1 bag of rehydrated Horn of Plenty
- 200 ml oil
- 40 g of butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 large onion
- 5 medium carrots
- 2 nice branches of thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 whole cloves
- Salt, pepper.
Fry beef in oil and butter with onions cut in rather big strips.
When the meat is well fried and onions brown add the flour and
stir. Cook on high heat 2 minutes while stirring.
2. Pour the red wine over meat while mixing well to avoid lumps.
3. Add 4 whole cloves, thyme, bay leaves and the sliced carrots.
4. Blend in the mushrooms taking care that they do not touch
the bottom of the pot to prevent sticking.
5. Let cook one hour on low heat.
is advised to soak the dried mushrooms a few hours before cooking
so they regain their volume.
recipe from www.terroirsquebec.com
this recipe with moose !